Recipe: Cucumber Greek Salad
Eat this nutritious summer salad with gusto – it's a fabulously low-carb dish that's also great for sharing.
Cucumber Greek Salad
- 2 cucumbers peeled (Note: You can also remove the seeds. It makes the vegetable less reactive.)
- 4 Roma tomatoes (or about 8 cherry tomatoes)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 5 black olives, pitted and sliced
- ½ of a red onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
Note: You can add mushrooms or other vegetables you like to this recipe.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes and onions.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the oil, lemon juice and oregano.
- Pour dressing over the veggies.
- Sprinkle with the feta cheese and olives.
Source: Avera Medical Group Integrative Medicine Health Coaching Team