Recipe: Easy-Peasy Ground Turkey and Peppers
This delightfully easy one-pot recipe goes great with ground turkey – or a ground meat you prefer. Paired with peppers and other flavors – it’s a treat you’ll make again and again.
Easy-Peasy Ground Turkey and Peppers
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil for cooking (Note: you can use broth instead)
- 1 cup scallions, chopped (use just the green tops)
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey (Note: you can use firm tofu or even ground beef, but use as lean as possible)
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder (or chili powder)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt to taste
- In a large skillet, sauté the onions, bell peppers and garlic in the oil or broth on medium high heat. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey, salt, and chili or chipotle powder. Cook until turkey is browned.
- This dish can be served over riced cauliflower or a healthy grain like whole-wheat couscous or quinoa.
Note: Don’t skimp on the parsley – it’s loaded with nutrients.
Source: Avera Medical Group Integrative Medicine Health Coach team