Recipe: Ginger Thai Rainbow Noodles
This recipe makes for a colorful, healthy meal.
Ginger Thai Rainbow Noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- ½ butternut squash, spiralized
- 1 red or yellow beet, spiralized
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 8 ounces brown rice noodles
- 1 cup edamame, thawed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- Cook rice noodles according to directions on the box.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet. Once hot, add spiralized beet, spiralized butternut squash, and spiralized zucchini.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons water while sautéing to help spiralized vegetables soften.
- Add edamame and cook for 1 additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Once rice noodles are cooked, combine with vegetables and toss with dressing.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving provides 382 calories, 17 grams fat, 5 grams fiber and 9 grams protein.
• Instead of using all rice noodles or pasta, try vegetable noodles. They are a much healthier and colorful alternative.
• High in fiber and antioxidants, this noodle dish is packed with cancer-fighting phytonutrients.