Published on September 06, 2022
Recipe: Grilled Lemon-Sage Chicken
Fresh sage and rosemary add flavor to grilled chicken. Tomato halves and corn on the cob can grill along with the chicken.
Grilled Lemon-Sage Chicken
For the chicken:
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each)
- 6 lemon slices, cut in half (optional)
- Fresh sage leaves (optional)
For the marinade:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried, crushed
- 2 or 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, cracked
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the marinade ingredients.
- Discard all the visible fat from the chicken. Put the chicken with the smooth side up between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Using a tortilla press, the smooth side of a meat mallet, or a rolling pin, lightly flatten the chicken to a thickness of ¼ inch, being careful not to tear the meat. Add to the marinade. Seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 8 hours, turning occasionally. Discard the marinade.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Grill the chicken for 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center.
- To serve, garnish with the lemon slices and sage leaves, if using.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
- Calories: 150
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Sodium: 268mg
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Fat: 2g
- Sugar 0g
Source: The StayWell Company