Recipe: Healthier Buffalo “Wings”
This spicy fave can be done with less calories but all the flavors that make it a hit for dads, sports fans and just about everyone.
Healthier Buffalo “Wings”
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 beaten egg
- Splash of almond milk or coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste, as well as Frank’s Red Hot (buffalo) sauce
- Celery, cut into sections about 2-3 inches long
- Walden Farms blue cheese or ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wet chicken down with cold water. You can soak it in a little salt water overnight, but at least get it wet.
- Mix egg and milk in a small bowl.
- Dip the chicken tenders in egg mixture, and then coat the chicken tenders in the almond flour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes on a lightly greased sheet or use parchment paper.
- Enjoy with hot sauce and dressing for dipping, as well as celery. The cool crunch of the vegetable makes it a great palate-cleansing accompaniment.
Source: Avera Medical Group Integrative Medicine Health Coaches