Published on December 31, 2019
Recipe: McKennan Chili
Try this favorite from the Avera McKennan kitchen.
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef (85/15 or leaner is preferred)
- 1-2 large white onions, diced
- 1 (14½-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cans kidney beans with juices
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14½-ounce) can chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- In a large cooking pot on medium-high heat, cook ground beef stirring frequently to achieve fine crumbles of meat. Once all pink is gone, drain beef well, removing as much fat as possible.
- Add all remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, stirring frequently to ensure a fully incorporated product.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for at least an hour, or until flavors are well incorporated.