Recipe: Not Quite Oatmeal
Try an amazing breakfast without all the carbohydrates.
Not Quite Oatmeal
- ½ cup almond flour
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups almond milk (or other milk that you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Liquid stevia drops to taste
Note: You can also add these choices as you wish: ¼ cup frozen blueberries or pomegranate seeds, 1 teaspoon maca root powder, 1 scoop vanilla flavor collagen, pumpkin seeds, walnuts or other nuts; ½ teaspoon honey (or stevia). You also can omit the stevia and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat a skillet/medium-size pan on the stove at about medium heat and add liquid ingredients.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients just until mixed.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until warm. Keep cooking until thick and then remove from heat.
- Serve with your most excellent toppings to add in even more healthy foods.
- Keep leftovers in airtight container in fridge for up to three days.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
- Calories: 323
- Protein: 11.7g
- Carbohydrate: 16.7g
- Net carbohydrate: 5.7g
- Sodium: 696mg
- Dietary Fiber: 11g
- Fat: 24.3g