Published on August 11, 2020
Recipe: Pear Salad with Glazed Pecans
The sweet flesh of pears is great on its own, but pair it with these ingredients and you'll have a salad made for sharing, whether it's a weeknight supper or a picnic-style lunch on the weekend. Give it a whirl.
Pear Salad with Glazed Pecans
- 6 ounces of spring mix greens
- ⅓ cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large red pear, cored and chopped coarsely
- ¼ cup red onion, diced fine
- ½ cup feta cheese
For the dressing
- 1 large lemon
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Heat skillet over high heat. Reduce to medium and add pecans and sugar, stirring constantly until sugar melts and becomes golden and nuts are fragrant. Be careful to avoid scorching them.
- Remove from heat, spread pecans on parchment paper or cookie sheet to cool.
- Combine spring mix and red onion in a large bowl. Top with sliced pears, feta cheese and pecans.
- For the dressing squeeze juice from lemon into blender. Add avocado oil, honey and Dijon mustard. Puree in blender until emulsified.
- Toss with salad mix and serve.