Published on June 21, 2022
Recipe: Penne & Shrimp with Burst Cherry Tomatoes
Penne & Shrimp with Brs
- 6 cups whole-wheat penne pasta (dry)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups basil leaves, chopped
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to the directions on package. Drain and run under cold water (just once, do not over-rinse) to prevent over-cooking.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes, garlic and salt and pepper. Stir occasionally and cook for about 15-20 minutes until all tomatoes have burst.
- Add cooked shrimp and warm.
- Toss pasta with chopped basil and divide into serving plates or bowls. Top each serving with shrimp and tomato mixture.
Learn more about how Avera Medical Group Integrative Medicine Experts can help you mix health and nutrition.