Published on December 19, 2019
Recipe: Pomegranate and Pear Salsa
Pomegranates contain powerful antioxidants. The beautiful colors of this recipe are perfect for festive celebrations.
Pomegranate and Pear Salsa
- 2 pomegranates or 1¾ cups pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup 100% pomegranate juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium Bartlett pear, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Score each pomegranate and place in large bowl of water. Break pomegranates open underneath water to free seeds. Pull and break seeds from fruit membrane and seeds will sink to the bottom. Strain away water and membrane and place seeds in medium mixing bowl.
- Add pomegranate juice and lime juice to seeds; toss to evenly coat.
- Add minced red onion, cilantro and diced pear; stir gently to combine.
- Sprinkle sugar over seed mixture and stir gently to mix. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers or use as a garnish for fish or chicken.