Published on October 20, 2020
Recipe: Pork Chops with Savory Apples (Gluten-free)
Try this gluten-free take on apples and pork chops.
Pork Chops with Savory Apples (Gluten-free)
- 2 medium apples
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large clove garlic
- 4 pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick, with bone (about 1½ pounds total)
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Quarter and core apples, then peel if desired. (Note: much of the apple’s nutrients are in the skin, so use ones with a more mild skin to retain the goodness without too much texture change.)
- Cut onion in half and then slice it.
- Use a large frying pan with a lid. Heat oil over medium-high heat and add pork chops and garlic. Brown quickly, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add cut-up apples, onion, and water. Cover and turn heat to low. Let cook for about 15 minutes, until pork is cooked through (internal temperature of 145°F with 3 minutes of rest) and apples are soft.
- Remove chops to a warm serving platter. Bring pan juices to a boil and turn off heat. Stir in sour cream and pour over chops. Serve immediately