Recipe: Protein Bites
This no-bake recipe is easy to make and the results are a delicious, protein-rich snack that’s great for any time, any activity.
Makes about 20 portions
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ⅛ cup beneprotein powder (any brand you prefer is fine)
- ½ cup oatmeal
- ½ cup almonds, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup plus 1-2 tablespoons (divided) honey
- ⅛ cup peanut butter
Optional ingredients: Miniature semisweet chocolate chips (add as many or as few as you wish, to taste), coconut flakes and cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add vanilla and peanut butter to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add honey, starting with the quarter-cup and adding more as need to create a smooth mixture.
- If using, add chocolate chips and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Divide dough into teaspoon-sized portions and using the palms of your hands, roll them into small balls.
- If using, you can roll finished balls in coconut flakes or cocoa powder at this point.
- Set each on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, and then serve.
Source: Chef Danijela Buzadzi, Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center Food Service