Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
These energy bites taste like a bite of pumpkin pie, but they're loaded with vitamin A, fiber and antioxidants. Try them as the perfect pre- or post-workout refueling snack.
Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup nut butter
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until blended.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. If dough is too sticky to roll, put in the fridge for 15 minutes so it will firm up.
- Store the energy bites in the fridge for several days or freezer for several months.
Anna Heronimus, RD, LN, is an Avera Sports Dietitian with the Avera Human Performance Center