Recipe: Quick Apple Crisp
Here’s a recipe to get you into the fall apple season. It's quick and easy–perfect for your busy weekdays.
Quick Apple Crisp
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 2 pounds apples (about 6, medium-sized)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tbsp butter
- In a small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, oats, and brown sugar.
- Wash and peel apples. Quarter them, cut out core and seeds. Slice apple quarters.
- Spread apples in a 12-by-8-inch baking pan.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the pan. Sprinkle cinnamon and topping mixture over apples.
- Dot with butter and bake at 375°F for 45 minutes or until apples are soft and topping is browned.
Note: For more crunch, mix in ⅓ cup chopped walnuts, which adds 38 calories, 1 g protein, 4 g fat, 1 g carbohydrates, and 0 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, and 0 mg sodium to each serving.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
- Calories: 134
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 44mg
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg