Published on November 16, 2021
Recipe: Simple Crust-Free Apple Pie
Simple Crust-Free Apple Pie
Makes 6 servings
- 3 granny smith apples, cored and halved
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅔ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut thin slices into the skin side of each apple half, making sure not to go all the way through. Then place on prepared baking sheet.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Brush butter on the top of each apple, and then sprinkle the tops of the with 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Bake for 25 minutes.
- While they bake, combine remaining 4 tablespoons of butter (softened), remaining 4 tablespoons of brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and oats in a small bowl.
- Remove the apples from the oven; spoon oat mixture onto the slices.
- Return the apples to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition per serving: 183 calories; 12 grams fat; 18 grams carbohydrate; 2 grams protein.