Recipe: Slow-Cooked Beef Fajitas
Crockpot meals make everything easier, and fajitas are a dish you can whip up in your slow-cooker. This recipe lets you take care of other chores or just relax while it cooks.
Slow Cooked Beef Fajitas
Makes 8 servings
- 1½ pounds beef flank steak
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen loose-pack pepper stir fry vegetables
- 1 (16-ounce) jar green salsa
- 8 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- Optional: sour cream
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into portions to fit into a 3½ to 4 quart slow cooker.
- Place stir-fry vegetables in the cooker. Top with meat. Pour salsa over all
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours. Remove meat from cooker; slice across the grain. Strain peppers, reserving 1/3 cup liquid. Combine sliced meat, vegetables and reserved juices.
- Serve in warm tortillas.
Note: Make sure to pick only non-starchy vegetables for your blend.
Nutrition: Calories, 256; fat, 8.7 grams; sodium, 582.5 milligrams; carbs, 26.2 grams; fiber, 1.8 grams; protein, 16.4 grams.
Lauren Cornay, RD, LN, is a registered dietitian at Avera Heart Hospital. Get more insight on nutrition and health.