Recipe: Stuffed Chicken Burgers
Lots of flavor, but less fat in these protein-heavy, veggie-infused burgers, which make a great quick supper or a nice weekend lunch main dish. The patties come together nicely and will lend themselves to “slider-sized” ones, if you want to make mini-versions of this dish.
Stuffed Chicken Burgers
- 8 ounces ground chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup mushrooms diced
- ½ cup shredded zucchini
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Chop mushrooms, onions and shred zucchini.
- Mince garlic.
- In a bowl, mix together the garlic, onions, mushrooms, zucchini and fennel.
- Add ground chicken to bowl and mix it all up in there together.
- Shape into burger patties; cook for 10 minutes each side.
Note: The zucchini will keep these burgers moist – but if you have a hard time keeping the burger shapes – you may add an egg to the mixture to help form those patties better.
Recipe by Kandace Brands, BS, Avera Medical Group Integrative Medicine Health Educator.