Published on August 25, 2020
Recipe: Summer Cauliflower Potato Salad
Potato salad can make any meal feel a little like a picnic or potluck at the park. This approach uses a better-for-you surprise ingredient. See how it stacks up to your favorites by trying it out.
Summer Cauliflower Potato Salad
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces (or a bag of frozen)
- ⅔ cup Walden Farms mayo – or your own homemade mayo
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon turmeric – for added nutrients
- ⅓ cup chopped red, white or green onion – finely diced
- ⅓ cup celery, finely diced
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Fresh chives, parsley and cilantro for garnish and added nutrients
- Cook cauliflower on stove or microwave by boiling with water for about 5 minutes until tender. Or steam in microwave for about 10 minutes stirring halfway through. Drain well for both.
- Whisk the mayo, vinegar, and spices together.
- Stir the cauliflower, onions, celery and eggs together. Pour dressing over and top with fresh herbs.
- Refrigerate for a few hours till cool and enjoy!