Recipe: Tender Juicy Air-Fryer Chicken
OK, the secret for juicy chicken out of your air-fryer – or oven – is to soak the meat prior to cooking. Cover the chicken and add in one teaspoon of salt and one teaspoon of sugar (or sugar substitute) and then soak in fridge covered for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Try it and you’ll be amazed.
Tender, Juicy Air-Fried or Baked Chicken
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil (avocado, grapeseed or coconut)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl combine seasonings. Apply oil to meat, and then rub seasoning into all sides of the chicken breasts.
- Cook in an air fryer set at 360 degrees F for about 9 minutes, and then flip and cook for another 9-10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- If baking, preheat oven to 425 degrees F, and then bake the seasoned meat for about 16-18 minutes or until internal temperature is reached. It’s smart to use parchment paper in the baking pan to avoid sticking.
Note: You can add a healthy side, like Brussels sprouts, to the fryer or pan and have a complete meal ready when the meat is cooked.
Source: Becky Hanzen, Certified Health Coach, Avera Medical Group Integrative Medicine