Recipes: Beat Summer Heat With These Mocktails
When the temps climb, you can whip up frosty glasses full of the flavors of the season, without the alcohol. Each recipe offers a taste profile that’s comparable to the real thing, but they’ll keep you hydrated and clear-headed.
You can start with these luscious treats, then try even more mocktail recipes on another sunny day.
Ginger Lime Ricky
- 8 ounces lime juice (fresh, about 6 to 7 limes)
- 4 ounces of simple syrup
- 12 ounces ginger beer (Note: the alcohol content in this beverage is so low it is considered a soft drink)
- Lime wedges (optional for garnish)
- Combine lime juice and simple syrup.
- Divide juice into 4 glasses with ice, about 3 ounces each.
- Top juice with 3 ounces of ginger beer. Stir.
- Add lime wedges if desired.
Strawberry Orange Mango Kombucha
- 32 ounces unflavored kombucha
- 2 cups 100% orange-mango juice
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- Add all ingredients to a large pitcher and stir.
- Serve over ice and enjoy.
Pomegranate Ginger Storm
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 3 cups ginger beer (Note: the alcohol content in this beverage is so low it is considered a soft drink)
- Juice from 1 lime
- Fresh pomegranate seeds (optional garnish)
- Add juices and ginger beer to pitcher. Stir gently.
- Divide into glasses with ice.
- Top with fresh pomegranate seeds as desired.
- 4 ounces fresh berries, such as raspberries, strawberries or blackberries
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups club soda
- Combine fruit, vinegar and sugar in a bowl or glass measuring cup. Mash or muddle to release the fruit’s juices.
- Transfer mixture to a clean pint jar or other tight-sealing container and refrigerate for at least 24 hours or up to three days.
- Strain out solids and funnel fluid into a clean jar. Let the mixture rest for 1-3 days in the refrigerator. (Note: This mixture can be stored in the refrigerator for up to six months.)
- Once the mixture has rested, pour 1-2 tablespoons over ice, and then top with 4 ounces of club soda.
- Garnish with fresh or frozen berries if desired.