Recipe: Skinny Veggie Crockpot Lasagna
You can enjoy lasagna that doesn't take a lot of prep or cook time. What's better? It's lower fat and has the vegetables your body needs.
Skinny Veggie Crockpot Lasagna
- 1 (26-ounce) jar tomato sauce
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 tub (24-ounce) part-skim cottage cheese
- 4 cups chopped vegetables of choice such as kale, spinach, zucchini or others
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound lean ground beef, cooked and crumbled
- Optional: fresh parsley for topping
Note: Make sure to use part-skim mozzarella cheese and 1% or skim cottage cheese to keep the fat content as low as possible.
- Spray the crockpot with nonstick cooking spray. Spread a half-cup of tomato sauce on the bottom of pot.
- Break noodles so that they fit and mostly cover the bottom.
- Cover with about one-third of each of the ingredients including cottage cheese, veggies, additional sauce, beef and cheese. Repeat for a total of 3 complete layers covering the last noodles with a thin layer of sauce and more shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5-6 hours. Turn the crockpot off completely and let the lasagna sit for at least 1 hour to allow the noodles to absorb all the moisture.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
- Calories: 327
- Protein: 31.5g
- Carbohydrate: 29.5g