Recipe: Southwestern Salmon Cobb Salad
Hy-Vee Dietitian Janine Albers recommends this salad for a nutrition-packed lunch throughout the week. Simply wait to mix the dressing with the greens. If you’re packing your salad in a Mason jar, put the dressing on the bottom to avoid wilting lettuce.
Southwestern Salmon Cobb Salad
- 1 1/4 pounds wild Alaskan salmon, skinned
- 1 tbsp. adobo sauce from canned chipotles, plus 1 tbsp minced chipotle in adobo, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp. white-wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 10 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cut salmon into four equal portions. Brush with adobo sauce and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Oil the grill rack. Grill salmon, turning once, until opaque, about 3 minutes per side.
- Combine sour cream, vinegar, water, minced chipotle and the remaining 1/4-teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Toss greens in a large bowl with 1/2 cup of the dressing.
- Divide the greens and salmon among 4 plates. Top with avocado, tomatoes and blue cheese. Drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 8g
Dietary Fiber: 7g
Trans fats: 0g
Source: Adapted from Eating Well, Inc.