Summer Mocktail Recipes for Flavorful Fun
When it's hot, every cold drink tastes heavenly. But some of them are not so great for hydration — they can actually dry you out even while you're enjoying them.
One strategy to stay more hydrated is to serve "mocktails." They offer plenty of delicious flavor, no dehydrating alcohol or caffeine and they are also lower in calories.
Try these drink recipes all summer long — you can start with these luscious treats, then try even more mocktail recipes on another sunny day.
- 4 cups lemon lime ginger beer
- 1 cup club soda or seltzer water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup grenadine
- Lime rounds
- Maraschino cherries
- Stir ginger beer, club soda, lime juice, and grenadine in a pitcher.
- Pour into tall glasses with ice.
- Garnish with lime rounds and or maraschino cherries.
Nonalcoholic Watermelon Margarita
- 1 medium seedless watermelon, cut into chunks
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons agave
- 5 tablespoons sparking water
- In a blender, puree enough watermelon chunks so that you have 4 cups of watermelon puree.
- Add lime juice and agave and mix again.
- Pour into 4 cups. Top with sparkling water.
- 4-5 slices of cucumber
- 1 ounce honey syrup
- 1.5 ounce mango puree
- 1.5 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1.5 ounce ginger beer
- Muddle cucumber and honey syrup in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add the mango puree and lime juice and shake, covered, with ice vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Strain into copper mugs.
- Top with ginger beer and stir to incorporate.