This Thai Salad Makes Getting More Veggies Delicious
Unfortunately, being a dietitian does not inherently cause you to crave lettuce. But every now and then you come across a salad recipe so good it makes eating lettuce downright enjoyable. This is one of those recipes!
You can add to this recipe with some lean meat, such as chicken breast or shrimp, or just enjoy it as it is. It’s a great change-of-pace meal that still offers protein, thanks to the edamame, which can pack 17 grams of protein in a single cup.
- 1 16-ounce bag of frozen shelled edamame, cooked
- 5-6 cups of combination greens, such as 3-4 cups romaine lettuce and 2-3 cups cabbage
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sesame cashews
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons ginger
- Juice of 1 lime
- Prepare salad base ingredients and lightly toss together.
- Prepare the dressing ingredients and whisk vigorously.
- Portion salad base and add dressing as desired.
- The dressing will separate if stored so make sure to shake vigorously before each use.