Welcome Fall With Hearty Taco Soup
Fall means it’s time to get a taste of those hearty-warm weather recipes you’ve been missing. Soup is a great way to stay warm and get lots of good nutrients. This taco soup is recommended by the Hy-Vee Dietitians and is easy to make during a busy work week.
Chicken Taco Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can Hy-Vee no-salt-added black beans
- 1 (16 oz) can Hy-Vee no-salt-added pinto beans
- 1 (15 oz) can Hy-Vee corn, drained
- 1 (8 oz) can Hy-Vee tomato sauce
- 12 oz beer or chicken broth (alcohol will cook out of the beer)
- 2 (10 oz each) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (1 oz) pkg Hy-Vee taco seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2%-milk cheddar cheese, reduced-fat sour cream, crushed baked tortilla chips, optional
- Mix onion, beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, tomatoes, taco seasoning, cumin, garlic and chicken in a pot. Bring to a boil; turn down to simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips, if desired.
Tip: This recipe freezes very well! Divide chicken taco soup into individual freezer-safe containers and take with you to work. Simply defrost and reheat in the microwave.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
||Saturated Fat: 0g
|Dietary Fiber: 8g