Wrap It Up With Lettuce
Lettuce wraps are a great twist on traditional tacos or sandwich wraps. As you get started on this month’s challenge, Hy-Vee Dietitian Anna Schroeder has a great recipe that goes great for lunch or dinner.
Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb. 93 percent lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup water chestnuts chopped
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce, plus additional serving
- ¼ cup Asian peanut sauce
- 12 large Boston lettuce leaves, about 2 heads
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup chopped unsalted nuts
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a large, nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until browned, using a wooden spoon to break beef into small pieces. Drain. Transfer beef to a paper-towel lined platter; set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until softened. Add browned beef, water chestnuts, hoisin sauce and peanut sauce. Cook until heated through.
- To serve, divide beef filling among lettuce leaves. Top with shredded carrots, peanuts and green onion. If desired, serve with additional hoisin sauce.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
||Saturated Fat: 6g
|Dietary Fiber: 5g
||Trans fats: 0g