New to the Virtual Visit? Learn When to Log in for Care
Thanks to virtual visit programs a provider is never far away as long as you’re connected.
Virtual care isn’t a substitute for regular, in-person provider visits. It’s still important to schedule a yearly wellness visit to manage your health for long-term well-being. But it sure does come in handy when you can’t get to the clinic but need to be seen for a common issue. Here’s a few examples of when you could use AveraNow, Avera’s virtual care program:
- During snow storms when travel is not recommended
- Camping trips or family vacations
- You’re sick and don’t want to bring your kids to the clinic with you
- All-day sporting or music events
- Holidays when normal clinics are closed
AveraNow is easy to use once you enroll in the program and download it to your laptop or smartphone. It’s one of many tools Avera offers patients to make seeing a provider easier.
“The benefit of AveraNow is it’s fast and easy to connect to whenever or wherever you need care, even on a holiday,” said Jason Knutson, DO, Avera Medical Group family medicine physician. “We’re all busy, so this is one way to get people on the mend as soon as possible so they can get back to life.”
Here’s what you need to know about AveraNow:
- It’s available 24/7, including holidays, via devices that have video and Wi-Fi capabilities.
- You can connect in all 50 states and you don’t have to be an established Avera patient.
- You can get a diagnosis for simple issues ranging from pink eye and sinus infections to rashes or stomach issues.
- A visit costs $69, but it’s covered by some insurance plans. The cost varies according to plan types. Check your plan benefits to see what it will cost you.
- You can get a prescription sent to a pharmacy of your choice, if necessary.
- Your regular Avera provider will get information on your visit via our medical record program, AveraChart.
Sign up today and download the app so you have AveraNow the next time you need it.