5 Wellness Trends for 2021
Happy New Year! 2020 was a year that changed our routines, from normal recreational activities and attending concerts to staying close to home. From dining out and large gatherings to time with only those that live in your house. No matter how you look at it our lives are different.
Wellness routines have changed too. How is your self-care now as compared to one year ago? Are you exercising more or less? Are you eating nutritionally or have you let that slip? Are you getting enough sleep? How about managing stress? One year makes a big difference. The pandemic has shaken everything up.
The wellness industry has not been immune to this shake up either and has experienced obstacles and shutdowns. With unexpected barriers comes the opportunity to grow and change both in industry and in our personal lives. The new year gives us a chance to start fresh and set new goals. What does 2021 have in store for you?
I wanted to share with you some new (and not so new) wellness trends that are paving the way for 2021. Your challenge? Try one or more of the following for a strong start to a new year:
Remote Health Coaching
- With COVID-19 this will be highly utilized service. This is a great time to connect with a health coach to keep you motivated and on track with your goals.
- Design a home or outdoor workout.
- Not a new trend, but wearable devices have been very popular and continue to develop as the years go on, engaging people with their goals. Fitness tracking devices provide an in-depth look on at your daily activity and provide recommendations to improve your wellness routine.
- Popular devices such as Garmin, Polar, Fitbit and Apple watches are some great devices that will help to keep you on the right path.
COVID-19 Prescribed Fitness Training
- For those who have contracted COVID and are looking to continue their wellness routines, it’s important to do this with a gradual approach. Prescribed programs introduce members back into a training environment while monitoring cardiac or lung issues.
- Watch your hard work pay off during recovery!
- Virtual fitness training classes can be done online with or without equipment. This training is on the rise as it provides solutions for those who prefer to be active in the comfort of their own home and on flexible schedule.
- A simple online search will offer hundreds of options.
Outdoor Fitness Training
- Quarantines and shutdowns made us look at other ways to be active – there was a rise in outdoor boot camps and an uptick in park usage. Bootcamps and outdoor fitness, such as cycling and running, have been keeping us fit or motivating beginners to try something new.
- Stress relief is sure to follow after some exertion and fresh air.
2021 will surely continue to look and feel different from years past, and although we may need to change up our routines, remember there are many opportunities to be well.
By Debbie Lancto, Well-being Specialist, LiveNow team