De-Stressing During the Holidays
I love the holidays. This time of year gives me the opportunity to eat great food and celebrate with my family and friends. This is also the time of year where I become so busy shopping, attending parties and eating that I tend to get off balance. The stress of holidays can be a hindrance in celebrating the joy of the holidays.
Here are some de-stressing tips that I use when I am busy during the holidays and my stress level increases.
Stay organized. Get things done as they come up. Don’t procrastinate.
- Plan ahead. Try to have gifts bought before the rush and stress of the season.
- Make time for exercise, sleep and relaxation.
- Eat healthy but don’t try to diet during the holidays.
- Pay attention to how quickly you eat.
- Enjoy alcoholic drinks in moderation as they are packed with calories.
- Don’t go to a party on an empty stomach. Have a snack before going out.
Have a safe and happy holiday season!