Don't Fall Out of Fitness
I love the fall season. But with busy schedules, kids getting back to school and daylight becoming scarce, there is always a good excuse to fall out of my fitness routine. I try not to let the change of season slow me down. In fact, fall is a great season to change up my physical activity routine. Here are some tips I have found helpful:
- Find an orchard and pick apples.
- Search for that perfect pumpkin at a local pumpkin patch.
- Go to a nearby park with friends or family, find a new trail and have a contest like who can identify the most different leaves.
- Don’t underestimate the power of raking leaves. It is a great family activity and will help with upper body strength and cardio while burning up to 260 calories per hour.
- Leave the golf cart behind and walk the course when playing, now that the weather has cooled down.
- Walk around the soccer or football field while watching your kids practice or play.
- Play fun fall sports, such as touch football or soccer, with your family.
Remember to rev up your metabolism and burn off some calories by taking a walk right after dinner. No excuses; think about “change” in your fitness routine this fall and make it happen!