Home Workouts With Your Family
As you hunker down at home to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus), come together as a family to exercise — even if it’s just for 10 minutes.
Need some convincing? Here are the benefits:
- Reduced anxiety – The world is telling you to panic; common sense is assuring you to take smart precautions, and that includes watching your nerves.
- Strengthening health – Physical activity builds your muscles, endurance and breathing capacity. No matter what kind of illness is out there, a fit body is better prepared for combat.
- Building bonds – It’s unusual that our lives of screens, regular work hours and school activities have come to a screeching halt. Try to embrace this time with your family.
4-3-2-1 Fast Workout
Have a little space and an extra moment? Get your heart and the hearts of your family pumping with this 10-minute workout.
- 4 Minutes Cardio
- High knee marching (4 minutes)
- 3 Minutes Resistance
- Chair squat, push-ups, lunges (1 minute each)
- 2 Minutes Core
- Chair plank, side bend (1 minute each)
- 1 Minute Stretching
- Chair forward bend, chair spinal twist (30 seconds each)
Build Your Own Boot Camp
Don’t shy away from the words "boot camp," especially when you have the tools to create a circuit that meets your ability and health goals.
First, decide how long to perform each exercise: 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, etc.
Next, choose one exercise from each group of exercises below:
- Cardio exercises
- High knees, jog in place, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, jump rope, skaters, power skips, fast feet shuffle
- Lower body strength exercises
- Wall sit, basic squat, forward lunges, reverse lunges, calf lifts, single leg dead lifts, side lunges
- Upper body strength exercises
- Push-ups, triceps dip, arm circles, forward punches, fast scissors, overhead punches, speed-bag punches
- Core strength exercises
- Plank, side plank, Russian twist, superman, bicycle crunch, standard crunch, six-inch leg lift
Perform each exercise for your chosen duration. Try to complete the whole circuit without resting. Once you’ve completed the whole circuit, take a short rest. Then, repeat the circuit again. Repeat this process as many times as you desire.
Download the full PDF’s to print off at home – 4-3-2-1 Fast Workout and Build Your Own Boot Camp.