Avera Travel Nurse Program
As a travel nurse, your assignments will typically run 13 weeks per location. Depending on your experience, you'll be placed in ICU, emergency, women's and children's, med surg, long-term care or dialysis.
In South Dakota, Avera has five regional hospitals and many departments where travel nurses are needed.
- Avera St. Luke’s Hospital, Aberdeen, SD
- Avera Queen of Peace Hospital, Mitchell, SD
- Avera St. Mary’s Hospital, Pierre, SD
- Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center, Sioux Falls, SD
- Avera Sacred Heart Hospital, Yankton, SD
See Job Description
South Dakota, Best Travel Nurse Destination
On your days off, enjoy everything the Midwest has to offer. South Dakota is home to beautiful sunrises, quiet country escapes, family attractions and convenient shopping. There’s an abundance of outdoor adventures with a variety of fun during all four seasons.
Besides the breathtaking beauty of our landscapes, the cost of living is lower than the national average. Have a great quality of life in South Dakota. Here’s why:
- Affordable place to live and raise a family
- Low tax wages and no state income tax
- Recreational outdoor activities all year long
- Historic travel destination, fine arts, restaurants and culture