The American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR/AED course is for anyone with little or no medical training who needs who needs a course completion card in CPR/AED to meet job, regulatory or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
After successfully completing the Heartsaver CPR AED Course, students should be able to:
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival and explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Preform high-quality CPR for an adult, child and infant
- Describe how to preform CPR with the help from others
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult and child
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult, child and infant
Heartsaver CPR AED Student Workbook (product#15-1020) or Heartsaver CPR AED Student ebook (product#15-3116)
Class Cancellation/Rescheduling Policy
Class cancellation or rescheduling must be made two weeks prior to the scheduled class. Fees will be charged if cancellation/rescheduling is not made prior to the two week time frame.