Welcome to Avera Med Aide On-Line Training Solutions DHS Curriculum©.
The Medication Aide Training Program utilizes on-line learning modules, chapter quizzes, an on-line lab and quiz, example MARs, and a 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation, in educating Med Aides. Avera Education & Staffing Solutions’ program is designed to prepare the student to skillfully and safely administer medications in a facility which is a direct home and community based service provider recognized by the Division of Developmental Disabilities, a division of the South Dakota Department of Human Services.
The State of South Dakota requires students in the Medication Aide Training Program to have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent to enroll in the program. It is the facility responsibility to ensure this is obtained and in personnel file.
Class Cancellation Policy - All Cancellations made within 5 business days of registration will be charged a $50 cancellation fee. Anytime cancellations made after 5 business days will be charged the full course fee. (If student logs into an exam at any time the full program fee will be charged regardless of cancellation timeframe)
- Complete Unit 1 on-line modules
- Complete Unit 1 Exam with passing score of at least 90%. One retake allowed if necessary (must be completed prior to advancing to Unit 2)
- Complete Unit 2 on-line modules
- Complete Unit 2 Exam with passing score of at least 90%. One retake if allowed if necessary (must be completed prior to advancing to On-line Lab)
- On-line lab and quiz must be completed prior to advancing to the 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation
- Complete 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation with facility RN Instructor (hands-on activity, not online)
- Upon successful completion of all components of the program a certificate will be awarded by the facility RN.
RN Instructor or his/her designee to proctor exams.
Facilities must provide each student with the textbook, Sorrentino, S. & Remmert, L. (2009), Mosby’s Textbook for Medication Assistants, Mosby: St. Louis, MO. Our MATP and this textbook are approved by the South Dakota Board of Nursing. This textbook may be purchased from Elsevier or from a vendor of choice.
On-line access to Med Aide Training Program Self-Paced Classroom.
The syllabus, training documentation form, and other documents needed for your course are located at the top of your course page. Email email@example.com or call 605.668.8475 for assistance.
Reminder: AESS encourages all Med Aide Training documentation be stored at facility including high School Diploma/GED or equivalent, Training Documentation, and 1:1 Clinical Skills Checklist.