Avera On-Line Training Solutions - Train the Trainer
Thank you for choosing the Avera On-Line Training Solutions – Train the Trainer Program. We have received notification of your interest in becoming a Trainer. In order to become a Trainer please see the recommendations below.
Nurse Aid Training Programs in South Dakota
Requirements to be a Primary Instructor
44:74:02:11 The primary instructor of a nurse aide training program shall be a licensed nurse. The primary instructor is the actual teacher of course material. The primary instructor shall have a minimum of two years of nursing experience, at least one year of which is in the provision of long-term care services. The primary instructor shall have completed a course of instruction in teaching adults or shall have experience in teaching adults within the past five years.
Requirements to be a Supplemental Instructor
44:74:02:12 Supplemental personnel may assist with the instruction of nurse aides. One year of experience in the individual's respective field of practice is required.
To Become a Primary or Supplemental Instructor the RN/LPN must:
Complete the initial Train-the-Trainer on-line training
Complete and return the Med Aide Faculty Change Form or the CNA Faculty Change Form to the South Dakota Board of Nursing
The Primary and/or Supplemental Instructor responsibilities:
- Register the student on-line for access to the program and, if necessary, re-register the student for subsequent access of the on-line program (NOTE: if the student is unsuccessful in completing the program, they must start the program over and submit a new payment.)
- Ensure program user name and password, program content, and exam security is maintained;
- Ensure accuracy of transferred chapter quiz scores, on-line Skills Video quiz score, 8 Hours Skills Review, and a minimum of 16 Hours of Clinical Training
- Proctor or designate another person to proctor the Final Exam
- Maintain a copy of all documentation (in the student’s personnel file) at the facility with Training Documentation.
- Be available for student questions.
Please contact AESS with any questions: