Med Aide On-Line Course Requirements & Navigation
Thank you for choosing the Avera Med Aide On-Line Training Solutions Program as your facility training program. We have received notification of your interest in becoming a RN Clinical Sponsor for the AESS Med Aide On-Line Training program. In order to become a RN Clinical Sponsor please see the requirements below.
Requirements to be a RN Clinical Sponsor:
20:48:04.01:14 be is a registered nurse who is currently licensed as a registered nurse in South Dakota and has a minimum of two years of clinical nursing experience;
To become a RN Clinical Sponsor the RN must:
- Complete the initial on-line training
- Complete and return the the Faculty Change Form to AESS for state approval
- Contact AESS and any further clarification about the Avera Med Aide On-Line Training Solutions Program
(Upon approval by the AESS Education Manager, the RN Clinical Sponsor will be able to perform the 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation and proctor testing at the facility. The RN Clinical Sponsor is allowed to delegate the test proctoring to anyone they deem trustworthy. The RN Clinical Sponsor is still responsible to sign off on the Training Documentation Form so be certain that the test proctor fully understands their duties.)
The RN Clinical Sponsor responsibilities:
- Register the student on-line for access to the program and, if necessary, re-register the student for subsequent access of the on-line program (NOTE: if the student is unsuccessful in completing the program, they must start the program over and submit a new payment.);
- Ensure program user name and password, program content, and exam security is maintained;
- Proctor or designate another person to proctor the on-line Unit Exams and the on-line Final Exam (if done at facility);(Be sure to read Med Aid Test Instructions prior to each exam attempt).
- Ensure accuracy of transferred chapter quiz scores, on-line Unit Exam scores, on-line Lab quiz score, and the on-line Final Exam score to the AESS Med Aide Training Documentation Form;
- Complete and document the 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation (clinical or lab setting) or register the student on-line to have this component completed at the AESS location (lab setting). (NOTE: If AESS completes the 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation, the student will return a copy of the documentation to the RN Clinical Sponsor to be kept in the employer record)
- Submit Training Documentation along with the 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation, and High School diploma to AESS by fax, email, or mail. (NOTE: Med Aide training must be completed within 90 days of student receiving on-line access) Without a copy of these forms, AESS will not issue a certificate of completion and the student may not work as a medication aide.
- Maintain a copy of all documentation (in the student’s personnel file) at the facility with quiz results (optional, but encouraged), along with the completed AESS Med Aide Training Documentation form and the 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation Clinical Skills Checklist;
- Send AESS Med Aide Training Documentation form to AESS if student is unsuccessful in any component and needs to restart the program;
- Be available for student questions and for contacting AESS RN Instructor to clarify content-related questions.
Please contact AESS with any questions: