Welcome to Avera Med Aide On-Line Training Solutions© for students who obtain Approved Nursing Pharmacology Credit
If a student has completed Nursing Pharmacology credit that student may be eligible to surpass both Unit 1 & 2 and also Exam 1 & 2.
To be eligible to surpass Unit 1 & 2 and Exam 1 & 2 you must:
- Send a copy of the transcript indicating the Approved College Nursing Pharmacology Credits to AESS for review by the AESS Education Manager
- Once approved, AESS will approve the student registration for the Avera Med Aide On-Line Training Program and provide program login information.
- The student will then be eligible to begin the Avera Med Aide On-Line Training Program.
(The State of South Dakota requires students in the Medication Aide Training Program to have a high school diploma or GED and a copy must be provided to Avera Education & Staffing Solutions prior to certificate issuance.)
Program Layout for students with Approved Nursing Pharmacology Credits:
- On-line lab and quiz must be completed prior to advancing to the 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation
- Register here if completing 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation with AESS (students may complete at facility with RN Clinical Sponsor). It is recommended student reviews/prints the Med Aide Skills Procedure Checklist to prepare for the 1:1 Skills Evaluation;
- After completion of 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation register for Final Exam here (Final Exam has one retake if necessary). Score of 85% is required.
- Upon successful completion a certificate will be awarded when AESS receives:
- a copy of the student HS Diploma or GED
- completed and signed/dated Med Aide Training Documentation form(only require recorded information of the On-Line Lab completion date/score, date of 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation completion, and Final Exam completion date/score)
- completed and signed/dated 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation form.
(Student is not approved to independently administer medications in any facility until the Med Aide Certificate is awarded by AESS).
* 1:1 Skills Performance and Exam will be billed out if they are done with AESS.
- Independent students and facilities are recommended to provide each student with the textbook, Sorrentino, S. & Remmert, L. (2009), Mosby’s Textbook for Medication Assistants, Mosby: St. Louis, MO. Our MATP and this textbook are approved by the South Dakota Board of Nursing. This textbook may be purchased from Elsevier or from a vendor of choice.
- On-line access to Med Aide Training Program Self-Paced Classroom.
You will also need a copy of these materials:
Reminder: High School Diploma/GED, Training Documentation, and Clinical Skills Checklist must be sent to AESS.
Class Cancellation Policy
Cancellations made within 5 business days of registration will be charged a $50 cancellation fee. Any cancellations made after 5 business days will be charged the full course fee.
(if student logs into an exam at anytime the full program fee will be charged regardless of cancellation timeframe)
Avera Education & Staffing Solutions (AESS)
1000 West 4th Street, Suite 9
Yankton, SD 57078
Phone - 605-668-8475
Fax - (605)668-8483
Email - email@example.com