The following items must be done prior to attending the course:
- Have a current BLS Provider card and be proficient in all the skills - bring the card with you to the course along with a copy to be put on file.
- Successfully complete the BLS Instructor Essentials Online course and print the certificate of completion – bring the certificate with you to the course along with a copy to be put on file. The BLS Instructor Essentials Online Course can be found at www.onlineaha.org or click on this link: BLS Instructor Essentials The cost of the essentials course is $30.00.
- Register at www.ahainstructornetwork.org and request alignment with the Avera Community Training Center ID #SD05845.
- Required Supplies for Class
- Complete the following and bring with to the course:
Following successful completion of the BLS Provider course you also need to be monitored teaching the first course within six months. You will be issued a BLS Instructor card once these items are completed and sent to avera.org/ctc.
Class Cancellation/Rescheduling Policy
Class cancellation or rescheduling must be made two weeks prior to the scheduled class. Fees will be charged if cancellation/rescheduling is not made prior to the two week time frame.