Welcome to Avera Med Aide On-Line Training Solutions©.
The Medication Aide Training Program utilizes on-line learning modules, chapter quizzes, an on-line lab and quiz, example MARs, and a 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation, in educating Med Aides. Avera Education & Staffing Solutions’ program is designed to prepare the student to skillfully and safely administer medications in a facility.
The State of South Dakota requires students in the Medication Aide Training Program to have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent to enroll in the program. It is the facility responsibility to ensure this is obtained and in personnel file
Class Cancellation Policy
All Cancellations made within 5 business days of registration will be charged a $50 cancellation fee. Anytime cancellations made after 5 business days will be charged the full course fee.
(If student logs into an exam at any time the full program fee will be charged regardless of cancellation timeframe)
- Complete Unit 1 on-line modules
- Complete Unit 1 Exam with passing score of at least 85%. One retake allowed if necessary (must be completed prior to advancing to Unit 2)
- Complete Unit 2 on-line modules
- Complete Unit 2 Exam with passing score of at least 85%. One retake if allowed if necessary (must be completed prior to advancing to On-line Lab)
- On-line lab and quiz must be completed prior to advancing to the 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation
- Completing 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation with AESS (students may complete at facility with RN Clinical Sponsor).
- Upon successful completion of all components of the program a certificate will be awarded by the facility RN.
* 1:1 Skills Performance and proctoring of Exams will be billed out if they are done with AESS.
Facilities must provide each student with the textbook, Sorrentino, S. & Remmert, L. (2009), Mosby’s Textbook for Medication Assistants, Mosby: St. Louis, MO. Our MATP and this textbook are approved by the South Dakota Board of Nursing. This textbook may be purchased from Elsevier or from a vendor of choice.
On-line access to Med Aide Training Program Self-Paced Classroom.
Click to go to the forms page to access the syllabus, training documentation form, South Dakota legal requirements and other documents needed for your course. Remember to also view the documents and links under the All Students tab.
Reminder: AESS encourages all Med Aide Training documentation be stored at facility including high School Diploma/GED or equivalent, Training Documentation, and 1:1 Clinical Skills Checklist.