Welcome to Avera Med Aide On-Line Training Solutions©.
The Medication Aide Training Program utilizes on-line learning modules for Unit 1 & 2, chapter quizzes, Unit 1 & 2 Exams, an on-line lab and quiz, example MARs and a 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation in educating Med Aides. Avera Education & Staffing Solutions’ program is designed to prepare the student to skillfully and safely administer medications in a facility.
The State of South Dakota requires students in the Medication Aide Training Program to have a High School Diploma or GED. A copy must be provided to Avera Education & Staffing Solutions prior to certificate issuance.
Class Cancellation Policy
Avera Education & Staffing Solutions (AESS) reserves the right to require a non-refundable pre-payment for tuition and fees prior to accessing on-line course.
A case-by-case review for refund requests because of medical emergencies or bereavement will be made by the AESS Director. Documentation is required to allow AESS to review the reasons for the refund request. If AESS determines that good cause exists, the student may be excused from the clinical component and may reschedule. If documentation is not acceptable, the clinical component is non-refundable.
- Complete Unit 1 on-line modules
- Contact AESS to set up a time to complete Unit 1 Exam with passing score of at least 85%. One retake allowed if necessary (must be completed prior to advancing to Unit 2)
- Complete Unit 2 on-line modules
- Contact AESS to set up a time to complete Unit 2 Exam with passing score of at least 85%. One retake if allowed if necessary (must be completed prior to advancing to On-line Lab)
- On-line lab and quiz must be completed prior to advancing to the 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation
- Call to schedule a time to do the 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation with AESS. 605.668.8475
- Students must purchase the textbook, Sorrentino, S. & Remmert, L. (2009), Mosby’s Textbook for Medication Assistants, Mosby: St. Louis, MO. Our MATP and this textbook are approved by the South Dakota Board of Nursing. This textbook may be purchased from Elsevier or from a vendor of choice.
- On-line access to Med Aide Training Program Self-Paced Classroom.
Click to go to the forms page to access the syllabus, training documentation form, South Dakota legal requirements and other documents needed for your course. Remember to also view the documents and links under the All Students tab.