The ACLS Instructor Essentials Course is designed to prepare instructor candidates to teach AHA Instructor-led and blended learning courses. The course educates instructor candidates on how to adequately use AHA Instructor teaching materials, ensure that students meet learning objectives, offer student coaching skills and provide an objective skills performance evaluation. Instructor candidates will learn important ACTC & AHA policies and procedures.
Prior to attending candidates will need to complete and bring with to the course:
- Register at www.ahainstructornetwork.org and request alignment with the Avera Community Training Center ID #SD05845
- Purchase 2016 or newer ACLS Instructor & Provider Manual along with the ACLS DVD. Bring both manuals to the course.
- Avera Community Training Center Instructor Agreement
- Instructor Candidate Application Form
- BLS & ACLS Provider Completion Card
- ACLS Instructor Essentials Online Certificate
The ACLS Instructor Essentials Online Course can be found at https://elearning.heart.org/courses/21
Following successful completion of the ACLS Instructor course you also need to be monitored teaching the first course within six months. You will be issued an ACLS Instructor card once these items are completed and sent to avera.org/ctc.
This course will be taught using the 2016 or newer American Heart Association – Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor & Provider Manual. Participants are expected to review and study the required textbook and DVD prior to the course. Textbooks will not be available to purchase on the day of the course. Textbooks are available for purchase from the following companies:
AEDSuperstore.com/CB Laerdal Medical Corporation ShopCPR.Heart.org
Phone: 1-800-469-9815 Phone: 1-888-562-4242 Phone: 1-888-277-5463
Class Cancellation/Rescheduling Policy
Class cancellation or rescheduling must be made two weeks prior to the scheduled class. Fees will be charged if cancellation/rescheduling is not made prior to the two week time frame.