Balance and Dizziness Clinic
Comprehensive Balance and Dizziness Evaluation to assess posture, balance, strength, coordination, gait and sensory inputs. This includes:
- Medical History of symptoms
- Physical Therapy Evaluation for balance, including computerized dynamic posturography testing (CDP)
- Audiology testing to include Videonystagmography (VNG) and a hearing evaluation
Based on the results, an individual treatment plan and goals are established to provide the tools necessary for symptom management.
The Avera Neuroscience Institute Balance and Dizziness Clinic assists physicians in the treatment of patients with balance problems associated with dizziness/vertigo, musculoskeletal disorders, and neurologic conditions.
The following conditions may be associated with dysfunction of sensory organization and/or motor control impairing balance:
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Spinal Stenosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Post-polio syndrome
- Traumatic brain injury
- Hip fracture
- Cervical vertigo
- Complaints of dizziness
- Peripheral or central vestibular dysfunction
- History/risk of falling, etiology unknown
The Balance and Dizziness Clinic is appropriate for individuals who experience acute or chronic dizziness and a loss of function as a result. To make a referral please call Centralized Scheduling at (605) 322-8121 and request a Comprehensive Balance and Dizziness Evaluation.