Kimberlee McKay, MD, of Avera Medical Group 69th & Cliff is an innovative specialist and expert in obstetrics and gynecology in the Avera OB-GYN Service Line. Not only does she provide compassionate care for women of all ages, but she has also improved the way care is delivered for attending health care professionals.
Expert Care in Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. McKay offers comprehensive services in women’s health, seeing patients throughout their life for personalized care. Trust Dr. McKay for:
- Annual women’s health exams, including Pap tests
- Gynecologic surgery, including minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures
- Labor and delivery
- Pregnancy planning and care
- Menopause care, including osteoporosis
Enhanced Patient Safety & Care Delivery
Over the years, Dr. McKay’s career has evolved to improve the compassionate work provided by her colleagues. One way is by engineering a more uniform workflow and consistent patient safety in all Avera facilities.
“No matter where our OB-GYNs work, we want them to provide excellent care and feel confident that fellow health professionals are walking alongside them,” said Dr. McKay.
Dr. McKay has positively impacted the Avera OB-GYN Service Line in various ways including:
- Training rural family practice physicians to perform emergency C-sections
- A case collaboration process called TeleEcho that allows regional OB/GYNs to submit difficult cases they’ve encountered to receive feedback from specialized physicians from internal medicine, infectious disease or another health field
“My goal is to discover and optimize areas within obstetrics and gynecology for a better care delivery model,” said Dr. McKay.
For speaking inquiries, please contact:
Lindsey Meyers, Vice President of Public Relations
Phone: (605) 322-7955
When she’s not working, Dr. McKay loves going on adventures with her kids — whether that’s local attractions or locations, or traveling as a family.