Looking for a cardiologist that specializes in congestive heart failure? No matter what is causing your heart condition, Mohammed Chowdhury, MD, is here for you at North Central Heart – a division of Avera Heart Hospital – in Sioux Falls, SD. Whether you need a simple stress test or you require a biopsy, Dr. Chowdhury is fellowship trained and offers expert diagnostic care to support a variety of heart conditions.
Looking Inside Your Heart
As a board-certified cardiologist, Dr. Chowdhury is dedicated to treating patients using the latest technology and non-invasive diagnostic techniques. His specialties include diagnosing and supporting further treatment for heart diseases and vascular diseases, along with congestive conditions.
His techniques include:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) or transthoracic echocardiogram (ECHO) for mapping heart rhythms and abnormalities
- Stress tests to monitor heart condition while exercising heart rate, including blood pressure and breathing to detect artery disease—especially important after heart surgery or heart attacks
- Biopsies to detect heart conditions
- Cardiac catheterization and angiogram to detect blood pressure and flow, along with dye-enhanced X-ray images of cardiac chamber
- Non-invasive diagnostic testing of artery blockage and valvular disease
He was inspired to enter cardiology by witnessing his father’s struggle with a heart attack and ongoing heart care needs. “Medicine is 80% the patient and is 20% the health care team. The patient needs to work together as a team with heart specialists to make the best decisions,” said Dr. Chowdhury.
He has performed cardiology research and has presented on various cardiovascular topics. Dr. Chowdhury has been published in peer-reviewed manuscripts and journals.
In his free time, Dr. Chowdhury enjoys biking and hiking—and exploring the great outdoors. He speaks Bangla, English, Hindi and Arabic.