Your heart is in good hands with Thomas Waterbury, MD an cardiology interventionalist at North Central Heart – a division of Avera Heart Hospital – in Sioux Falls, SD. Whether you need immediate stabilization with a heart attack, have heart surgery or require a stent to support blood flow, Dr. Waterbury is your expert, compassionate cardiologist to support a variety of heart conditions.
Compassionate Care for Your Heart
As a physician in cardiology, Dr. Waterbury is dedicated to treating patients using the latest technology and techniques in interventionalist care. His specialties include diagnosing and treating heart diseases and vascular diseases, along with congenital and structural heart conditions through catheter-based procedures.
His techniques include:
- Angioplasty, stenting and blood clot removal from coronary arteries
- Catheter-guided plaque and calcium removal from arteries and plaque into bloodstream protection to help preserve narrow arteries or bypasses
- Intravascular coronary imaging
- Dilation of narrowed cardiac valves and transcatheter replacement
- Closure of cardiac defects
- Non-invasive diagnostic testing of artery blockage and valvular disease
“Start early with healthy lifestyle choices, such as appropriate diet, exercising and not smoking. These choices can make a big difference on the overall health of your heart long-term,” said Dr. Waterbury. He is involved in cardiology research and presents regularly on various cardiovascular topics. Dr. Waterbury has been published in abstracts, peer reviewed manuscripts and textbooks.
In his free time, Dr. Waterbury enjoys spending time with his wife and children, biking and being outdoors—especially water sports including boating and fishing.