Avera St. Luke’s Auxiliary awards 5 scholarships
Five $500 scholarships have been awarded by Avera St. Luke’s Hospital Auxiliary. These scholarships are awarded each year to area high school seniors planning to further their education and enter the health care field.
Recipients of the scholarships are:
- Brian Peterson, Warner High School, who will attend South Dakota State University in Brookings, majoring in biochemistry; parents, Kathy Gubin and John Peterson
- Callie Slater, Mobridge-Pollock High School, who will attend the University of South Dakota in Vermillion, majoring in health sciences and occupational therapy; parents, Kent and Kristi Slater
- Kirstyn Fiala, Miller High School, who will attend SDSU and major in nursing; parents, Josef and Andrea Fiala
- Michael Buchanan, Aberdeen Central High School, who will attend USD; mother, Dorene Buchanan
- Adam Goetz, Aberdeen Roncalli High School, who will attend SDSU; parents, Kendall and Stacey Goetz