Train the Trainer
Facilitating a training session can be a scary endeavor for those without experience in training others. Train the Trainer is training designed to support the professional development of trainers in effectively mentoring, facilitating knowledge, and assisting with skills acquisition for trainees in health care. This program is approximately 3 hours 30 minutes. The Avera Train the Trainer online program meets adult instructor course requirements for nurse aide training program primary instructors.
- Describe essential skills needed to facilitate training.
- Recall the concepts and generalization in learning, and the laws and rules of learning.
- Recognize a training development model and how it is used.
- Discover Adult Learning Principles.
- Examine the characteristics of effective speaking.
- Identify how to develop a training session, essential components of an effective training session, and the importance of evaluation of the training and trainer.
Nurse Aide Training Programs in South Dakota
Requirements to be a Primary Instructor
44:74:02:11 The primary instructor of a nurse aide training program shall be a licensed nurse. The primary instructor is the actual teacher of course material. The primary instructor shall have a minimum of two years of nursing experience, at least one year of which is in the provision of long-term care services. The primary instructor shall have completed a course of instruction in teaching adults or shall have experience in teaching adults within the past five years.
Requirements to be a Supplemental Instructor
44:74:02:12 Supplemental personnel may assist with the instruction of nurse aides. One year of experience in the individual's respective field of practice is required.
Uploaded: Fall 2018