LIGHT Provider Wellness Program
The hours, pressure, fast pace and constant change associated with careers in health care can lead to unhealthy stress on providers and their families. In fact, burnout among U.S. physicians continues to increase with over 40 percent experiencing burnout at some point in their careers.
That’s why we offer our innovative LIGHT Program to all physicians, physician assistants (PA) and nurse practitioners (NP) across the Avera system. This professional program provides the support and tools needed to help reduce stress, optimize workflow, improve work-life balance and prevent burnout.
Even if providers aren't currently feeling overwhelmed by burnout, we encourage them to take advantage of the LIGHT Program with the goal of experiencing wellness in every aspect of life.
Awareness & relaxation videos »
Provider resources »
Enhance Your Quality of Life
The LIGHT Program is a nationally recognized well-being program that offers providers and their spouses free and confidential access to resources, such as:
- One-on-one consultations
- Couples retreats for providers and their spouses
- Educational courses and events
- EMR strategies
- Executive coaching
- Peer strategy coaching
- Retirement series
- Self-assessments to identify signs of compassion fatigue, depression, alcohol abuse, anxiety, bipolar disorder, resiliency, suicide risk and trauma
- Video resources about relaxation, guided mediation and chair yoga
LIGHT Program participants discover how to understand the signs of burnout, take an inventory of their own life and thrive in the fast-paced world of health care.
LIGHT Strategies for Well-Being
The LIGHT Program reflects Avera’s mission to care for the whole self – body, mind and spirit. Providers and their spouses can take advantage of unique strategies to meet their specific needs, including:
- Learn striving for program awareness through website, LIGHT lunches, CMEs and blogs
- Innovate working toward new solutions through research and pilot programs
- Grow promoting system and government change through advocacy
- Heal offering confidential coaching, resources, referrals and Schwartz Rounds
- Thrive providing strategies to achieve overall well-being including retreats, socials and retirement workshops
Counseling for the Entire Family
In addition to LIGHT, all Avera employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Through this program, employees, their spouses and eligible dependents can benefit from confidential counseling services, at no cost (three per person each year). Learn more about EAP for providers.
Call 605-322-HEAL or email email@example.com to schedule a confidential consultation or submit a speaking or presentation request.
Having trouble viewing the videos? View a brief guide.