PGY2 Psychiatry Pharmacy Residency Program
The PGY2 Psychiatry Pharmacy Practice Residency at the Avera Behavioral Health Center is designed to prepare psychiatric pharmacy practitioners to function as individual providers in treating patients with neuropsychiatric disorders in a variety of clinical practice settings, and to achieve board certification in psychiatric pharmacy (BCPP).
The Psychiatric Residency is a one-year program, which begins near July 1 each year. Residents will receive a stipend of $55,000 with full employee benefits.
The Avera Behavioral Health Center is a 110 bed acute inpatient behavioral health hospital with comprehensive pharmacy services.
- Develop knowledge and skills to provide patient care at the specialist level for the neuropsychiatric patient.
- Develop strong skills in utilizing evidence based practices in treating the neuropsychiatric patient.
- Increase skills in effective teaching techniques including the areas of didactic, precepting and continuing education settings.
- Refine and further develop clinical research skills
- Develop and enhance leadership skills in pharmacy practice and the profession.
The program is customized for each resident based on his/her goals, career plans, interests and experiences. Completion of a PGY1 residency is required for program admission.
Application Process for PGY2 Psychiatry Pharmacy Residency
Applications for the PGY2 residency position are currently being accepted.
Qualifications for candidacy are:
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree
- Completion of a PGY1 ASHP accredited pharmacy residency program
- Licensure or eligibility for licensure in South Dakota
Interested candidates should:
- Apply through the PhORCAS (pharmacy online residency centralized application service) system
- Through PhORCAS, you will need to submit the following required documentation:
- Letter of intent
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcripts (College of Pharmacy/professional years)
- Three letters of recommendation (PhORCAS standard form acceptable)
- Avera McKennan application for employment to be completed post match
Applications will be accepted until the closing date of January 19, 2018.
For additional information, please contact:
Margaret Haberman, Pharm.D., BCPP
Program Director (PGY2 Psychiatry)
Avera Behavioral Health Center - Pharmacy
4400 W 69th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
The psychiatry pharmacy practice resident will have primary experience in the acute adult and geriatric inpatient psychiatry setting. A research project is required for graduation.
- Complementary experiences are available in the following areas:
- Consult Liaison Psychiatry
- Emergency Assessment
- Partial Hospital
- Child/Adolescent Psychiatry
- Forensic Psychiatry