IRB Policies, Forms & Guidance
Avera Institutional Review Board Policies
Learn more about Avera Institutional Review Board (IRB) policies in our index of IRB Standard Operating Procedures.
Take advantage of our online portal for submission and review of initial, renewal and revisions of IRB applications. If you’re submitting new documents for the first time, please contact the Department of Human Subjects Protection/IRB for a username and password at firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-322-4755. You can also call that number with any questions about submitting an application.
For your reference, we’ve provided several guidance documents for your own submission guidance purposes – they are not to be submitted.
Institutional Review Boards are guided by the ethical principles applied to all research involving humans as subjects. For more information on ethical codes, view the:
Additional Research Resources
The following is a list of resources available to assist in developing a research project:
Recommended Online Resources
- Clinicaltrials.gov – includes a registry and results database of publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants conducted around the world that is sponsored by the National Institutes of Health
- Office for Human Research Protections – provides leadership in the protection of the rights, welfare and well-being of subjects involved in research conducted or supported by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research – provides professional development opportunities concerning research administration and regulatory compliance, and has formalized professional standards and credentials that document the expertise necessary for effective and appropriate research ethics support
- National Institutes of Health – supports scientific studies that turn discovery into health as the nation’s medical research agency
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration – provides information about medical product safety and the approval process, including FDA information sheets for IRBs, clinical investigators and sponsors